The Carbon Intensity Index (CII) measures how efficiently a ship transports goods and passengers in relation to the carbon emitted. Advanced BASSnet Fleet Management System users can now use the BASSnet electronic logs and data recorded within the Vessel Particulars sub-module to calculate a vessel’s current her CII value.
The advantages of the new BASSnet CII Calculator are:
- Easily calculate CII-achieved ships and corresponding ratings (A to E) based on IMO resolutions MEPC.352(78), MEPC.353(78) and MEPC.354(78).
- Visualization and monitoring of CII assessments at fleet and vessel level
- Calculations derived directly from data in the electronic BASSnet Ship Log
- Viewing and Calculating Forward-Looking CII Ratings
- Export CII calculations to a protected external format
“At BASS, we have specifically designed an eco-friendly solution that delivers value.” Our new CII Calculator enables easy and effective carbon monitoring. We can also assess the current CII ranking of our vessels and take the necessary steps to comply with future regulatory requirements.”
BASSnet’s CII Calculator is another great addition to the system’s powerful environment management capabilities. In fact, BASSnet allows a user to instantly generate his EU MRV and IMO DCS regulatory reports based on electronic log entries. It also makes it easy to create, manage, and report hazardous materials in your Hazardous Materials Inventory (IHM).
The integrated ERP software allows users to analyze oil/oil mixtures, garbage, CO₂, NoXS〇XEEOIs, ozone-depleting substances, and sewage emissions.
Managing carbon dioxide emissions is essential to reduce marine pollution. Carbon Intensity Index (CII) requirements are an important step forward. A trusted maritime ERP software provider, BASS is certainly at the forefront of maritime technology, helping its customers with its innovative new BASSnet CII Calculator.