Dublin, February 2, 2023 /PRNewswire/ — “RNA Vaccine Advances and Opportunities for Growth” report added of ResearchAndMarkets.com Recruitment.
RNA therapeutics and vaccines have been around for a long time, but the COVID-19 pandemic has made mass market commercialization possible.
Industry insiders believed that an mRNA vaccine developed for COVID-19 would be effective in mitigating the effects of the SARS-CoV-2 virus in the population. Moderna emerged as the first player to develop and commercialize an mRNA vaccine for COVID-19, followed by others such as Pfizer and his BioNTech. mRNA is the first RNA vaccine to complete clinical trials and commercialization. Publishers’ analysis shows that industry participants are developing mRNA vaccines for influenza, HIV, and cancer.
RNA vaccine development is research-intensive, with newer RNA modifications yielding more unique forms such as self-amplifying mRNA (saRNA) and circular RNA vaccines. RNA design and optimization is essential to obtain suitable RNA forms for vaccine development and to provide expected results.
saRNA vaccines are considered the next generation of RNA vaccines with improved characteristics and advantages over mRNA vaccines. Circular RNA vaccines, on the other hand, are emerging with enhanced properties such as stability and higher protein expression. New RNA vaccines likely in early stages of research and development and clinical trials.
Apart from studying RNA forms, RNA vaccine delivery systems and routes of administration are also determinants of success. To achieve their full potential, researchers need to deliver RNA vaccines through effective delivery systems that retain potency.
The growing global demand for COVID-19 vaccines has resulted in the production of mRNA vaccines in a short period of time to serve a large population. Vaccine developers have embraced digital technologies, expanded manufacturing units and capacities, and increased collaboration with contract development and manufacturing companies to achieve such colossal goals.
Scaling up RNA vaccine manufacturing will increase vaccine production capacity and reduce large-scale manufacturing costs. This will make vaccines affordable and allow vaccine developers to provide vaccines to developing countries with subsidies.
This report includes:
- Why RNA vaccines are emerging as a promising therapeutic category
- technology development
- Digital Biomanufacturing Driven Change in RNA Vaccine Development
- new shipping method
- Progress in clinical trials since approval of the first RNA vaccine
- Global adoption rate
- Perspectives for RNA Vaccine Developers
1. Strategic Imperative
- Why is growth becoming more difficult?
- Strategic Imperative: Pressures on Growth
- Impact of Top 3 Strategic Imperatives on Ribonucleic Acid (RNA) Vaccine Industry
- Growth Opportunities Fuel the Growth Pipeline Engine
- research method
2. Growth Opportunity Analysis
- Scope of analysis
- Moving toward RNA vaccine development
- RNA vaccine overcomes limitations of conventional vaccines
- Global trends in RNA vaccine development
- growth driver
- growth suppression
3. Innovation and R&D scenarios
- Types of RNA Vaccines and Technical Readiness Levels (TRL)
- Designs and modifications improve production of synthetic RNA vaccines
- Industry players with RNA vaccine modification platforms
- Advanced Platform Improves RNA Vaccine Design and Process to Produce High-Quality Vaccines
- Industry players with AI-based RNA design platforms
- Lack of well-developed manufacturing process slows production of RNA vaccines
- Overcoming RNA Vaccine Manufacturing Bottlenecks to Meet Growing Demand
- New Initiatives in the Development and Manufacturing Platform for RNA Vaccines
- Digitization transforms RNA vaccine manufacturing
- Development of RNA vaccine delivery system
- Industry players developing RNA vaccine delivery platforms
- New formulation extends shelf life and maximizes delivery capacity of RNA vaccines
- New developments in RNA vaccine administration routes
- Needle-free Vaccine Delivery Route of mRNA Vaccine
4. Prospects for RNA Vaccine Development: Preventive and Therapeutic Vaccines
- RNA vaccine clinical pipeline
- RNA Vaccine Programs Increase Globally
- Prophylactic RNA vaccine
- Therapeutic RNA vaccine
- mRNA vaccine
- Ongoing development by mRNA vaccine developers
- saRNA vaccine
- Ongoing development by saRNA vaccine developers
- circular RNA vaccine
- Priority disease areas for RNA vaccine developers
- Disease Focus Areas and Players Developing RNA Vaccines
- Players in the RNA Vaccine Development and Manufacturing Industry
- Future Opportunities for RNA Vaccines
5. Stakeholder Ecosystem
- A dynamic global ecosystem demonstrating the growth potential of RNA vaccines
- Developing an innovative vaccine manufacturing unit and expanding production capacity
- Collaboration among RNA vaccine developers
6. Growth Opportunity Universe
- Growth Opportunity 1: Developing a Global Infrastructure for the Manufacturing and Delivery of RNA Vaccines
- Growth Opportunity 2: Altering RNA and Improving Design
- Growth Opportunity 3: Improving Delivery Systems and Formulations
- Technical Readiness Level (TRL): Explained
- Active RNA vaccine pipeline
- Overcoming RNA vaccine delivery challenges
8. Next steps
For more information on this report, please visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/bmrfzo-and?w=5.
ResearchAndMarkets.com is the world’s leading source of international market research reports and market data. It provides up-to-date data on international and regional markets, key industries, top companies, new products and latest trends.
research and market
Laura WoodSenior Manager
For EST office hours, please call +1-917-300-0470.
US/Canada Toll Free +1-800-526-8630
For GMT office hours, please call +353-1-416-8900.
US Fax: 646-607-1904
Fax (outside US): +353-1-481-1716
SOURCE Research and Market